Dear Prospective Property Buyers,
Please Don’t go to Auction and Buy a Lemon
As senior Building Inspectors we know what is going on in the real estate market at present. We want to inform you, so here are the facts . . .
- Property prices are at an all-time record high.
- Loan interest is at an all-time record low.
- Vendors are rushing their properties to market, believing this is a time to achieve a massive price.
- Real estate agents are capitalising on this environment by selling the majority of properties at Auction, rather than Private Sale.
Here are the agents cunning Auction reasons:
- To capitalise on buyers desperation to enter the market before, as many buyers are encouraged to think, it goes even higher;
- To create a “selling frenzy” atmosphere – putting a fire under normally sensible people to bid to the top of their budget, or sometimes even more!
- To try and stop buyers from employing Building Inspectors, by giving the buyer the feeling they may be somehow wasting their money;
- The agent will say “just get into the market, hurry up, bid bid, come on, don’t worry about the facts, just buy a property.”
If you are drawn into this scenario, please be careful. The temptation is great, but so is the risk.
Experienced and responsible Building Inspectors are telling our clients “please don’t go to Auction and buy a Lemon.”
Please keep a level head and find out exactly what it is you are bidding on, before it’s too late and the auctioneers hammer has fallen.
Because we appreciate you may not win each time you bid on a property, we are offering our Clients a fee reduction on each inspection report – for the first three reports.
So please keep calm, keep a level head and employ a Senior Inspector from Building Masters before you raise your hand in the crowd.
Mike, Rod and Martyn, Senior Building Inspectors