Forget Buyer’s Agents! Our Property Negotiation Service Can Get Your Dream Home at a Discount
Building Masters Management offer a professional Property Price Negotiating service in return for a small Pay-Later Commission… Leaving you financially ahead
At Building Masters, we are experienced in dealing with Real Estate Agents – we know their tactics and their negotiating techniques.
Additionally, we have the advantage of being an independent third party – a significant negotiation strength. We have the knowledge, authority and credibility to effectively hold the property sale in the palm of our hands, and the agent knows that.
Save Thousands on Your Dream Home With Our Property Negotiation Service
NO property advocates or real estate negotiators needed!
Employing the significant advantage of having prepared the Building Defect Report, in addition to our years of experience with the purchase of real estate, we are in a powerful position to negotiate the purchase price of a property.
This service is provided for a small percentage pay-later share of the amount we save you, which is why we say “No Pain – Only Gain.”
In summary, here’s how it works:
We prepare our standard Full-Service Defect Report and Repair Costing
You withdraw your offer and appoint us to negotiate on your behalf
Using our report and property repair costs as a negotiating tool, we contact
the agent seeking a reduction in your property purchase price
When we are successful, you sign a revised contract at a lower price
Our reward is 10% of the sum we save you – this can be paid on re-signing the contract or if required, paid for from loan funds at settlement by your Conveyancer – leaving you in no pain and financially way ahead
OUR NEGOTIATION EXPERIENCE
As senior Building Inspectors with a depth of experience dealing with real estate agents and armed with the indisputable facts about the true condition of the property, our role can be very effectively used at the final stages of the prospective purchase, providing a negotiation opportunity not previously available to property buyers.
After the preparation of the Building Defect Report we intervene in the final stages of the purchase – just when all parties assumed it was finalised.
This negotiation strategy highlights our professional and indisputable knowledge of the actual condition of the property (often very different to the agent’s description) and combined with the costings in our Defect Report, can create a reality check for the vendor.
This powerful tactic produces a last-minute opportunity for a further price negotiation
Here is a typical step-by-step scenario of how these tactics often play out:
1. Building Masters conduct the Full-Service inspection of the property and prepare a repair costed Full-Service Defect Report
2. If the report indicates unexpected expenses, but you wish to continue with the purchase (at a lower price) you can appoint us to negotiate directly with the agent on your behalf – this is normally possible during the cooling-off period (and sometimes at other times subject to the contract conditions) – providing of course we have prepared a repair costed Defect Report
3. With our guidance, you withdraw from the signed contract in writing (subject to the contract conditions) – normally doing so within the “3 Day Cooling-Off” period or the otherwise agreed time frame
4. You then inform the Agent in writing (again with our support) that the Building Inspectors Office has been formally appointed as your Representative and any future communication must be directed to them, allowing you to step back whilst we begin our negotiation process
5. For us to be effective we must be unimpeded – so we require you cease all communication with the Agent until the negotiation between our office and the Agent has been concluded
6. The next step (now you have withdrawn from the contract) is the provision of the Building Defect Report to the Agent – this is done by the Building Masters office
7. The Agent will typically then show the report to the Vendor advising the sale may fall through – however, not wishing to lose their commission, the Agent will commonly request the Vendor’s permission to re-negotiate with the purchaser and may seek the Vendor’s authority to offer a discount on the purchase price in line with the now disclosed building defects and associated repair costs
8. Having received approval from the Vendor to discount the price
Exceptional professionalism, timely and quality delivery of services with friendly approachable manner.
Keep up the good work Mike..!!
Gayan and Chaga, Berwick Waters
The preparation of a comprehensive Building Defect Report is recognised as essential to a property buyer, but the negotiating opportunity the report can create is often not fully realised. Until now, making use of the Building Defect Report to negotiate the purchase price – before or after the contract of sale has been signed – has been the province of the professional advocate – an expensive option for a buyer.
At Building Masters our senior staff have been engaged in building defect reporting and negotiating for decades.